Lee wrote:

> I bought a Dell desktop in 2019 and the keyboard just died :(

  a Corsair K70 CORE RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard.  my
previous keyboard was starting to miss key presses and
duplicating others.  since i also needed a new mouse it
was a day to get a refresh.  paid about $80 for it.

  works fine, did not install any software to mess with
the settings i just use the manual key presses to set
it after booting (i don't want lights flashing or moving
when i'm typing and i'm ok with not seeing the keys most
of the time so i turn the lights way down).

  it is a little stiff and very quiet compared to what
i'm used to but it's working fine.

  since they keys are partially clear to let light
through i'm not worried about wearing the keycaps off.
if i get 3 years out of it i'll be happy.  i seem to
go from 1-3 years most of the time before something
breaks.

  it is not light, it is not thin.  i perch it on my
lap as i type, it has to be flat and kept flet by some-
thing better than plastic to not mess up the stuff
inside (based upon previous keyboards that failed due
to plastic flexing too much over time).

  so we'll see how this one works out longer term.

  songbird