Le 11/07/2010 10:04, yellow a écrit :
> Package: xserver-xorg
> Version: 1:7.3+20
> Followup-For: Bug #588659
>

> Dear Sir,
>
> The video card is a ASUS P7H55M Pro; I know now the type of the card
>
> It seems that no screen/card is found ; but well startx gives something
> positives. It works startx but the monitor is turned off.
> The monitor is a HP w22 with a large range of possible resolution, so
> surely the 800x640 would work.
> [...]
>
> VGA-compatible devices on PCI bus:
> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Auburndale/Havendale
> Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 12)

This looks like a very recent graphics card, it won't work fine with
Lenny. You must upgrade to squeeze/testing, use a kernel at least
2.6.32-5-amd64/686 (the 2.6.32-3 you tried is not recent enough, take
the one in testing right now), let KMS enabled and use recent intel
driver (maybe even 2.12 in experimental) and Xserver.

Brice