-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matt Robertson
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 5:05 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Declude.JunkMail] Imail blacklist, phrase list converter

OK, I've completed what I suppose you could call the first version of my
Imail-to-Declude black- and phrase-list converter.  Get it here:

http://foohbar.com/declude_importer.zip

It turned into a complete ColdFusion application.  The system will

1. Retrieve source files from ftp.ipswitch.com
2. Convert the url blacklist into a Declude sender blacklist (skipping
any entries you have placed in a separate skip list) 3. Convert the
phrase list into a Declude filter file.  Filters will be created for
matches in subject and body. 4. FTP the newly minted files to the
location you specify.

NOTES:
a. All settings are made in application.cfm, including filter weights.
b. You can use the browser interface (index.cfm) to run all tests in
sequence automatically, or individually. c. Since they can be run
individually, you can opt to schedule the files to run automatically. d.
You have to set up global.cfg and $default$.junkmail to use the new
tests and files. e. With these tests in place, all mail tests take about
250ms per email tested.  However, this is on MY server with MY
configuration.  Your mileage may vary. f. On a very fast server (dual
2ghz xeon with gobs of ram, super-duper scsi) the
download/conversion/upload process takes just under three minutes.  Most
of this is the processing of the 17,000-entry url blacklist.  On a slow
server, it takes a lot longer.

External dependencies:
1. The app uses the pkzip Command Line tool to unzip the Imail source
files.  You can alter the batch file and import01.cfm to use whatever
command line unzip program you use. 2. cf_ProgressMeter is used to
display a progress bar.  This is a $5 tool I *highly* recommend.  If you
don't own it or don't want to buy it just go in and remove the calls to
it in import02.cfm and import03.cfm.

I'm in the process of rolling out a new web site in the next couple of
days.  I'll add this and anything else useful I can think of in the
spamfighting section.  If anyone has improvements to this, please pass
'em on!

Cheers,

 Matt Robertson,     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 MSB Designs, Inc. http://mysecretbase.com