Let me correct something.

BigPond.com isn't a spam house, they are a DSL provider in Australia. They however have a large number of mail servers that consistently relay spam. It's almost like they are hosting spammers, and have them relay through their own servers instead of direct delivery. There's a ton of it. I'm not sure what to do about this situation. Maybe someone else has some ideas.

Matt

Matt wrote:

John,

Looks like a spam house to me.

http://www.senderbase.org/search?searchString=bigpond.com

Block by IP. Google shows that they've used different domains from these blocks, and the REVDNS entry could be gone tomorrow.

Use Scott's CIDR tool if you are uncertain about the ranges. Dig through surrounding blocks with reverse DNS to see if there are even larger blocks present. Lastly, report your findings to the board :)

Matt

John Tolmachoff (Lists) wrote:

Is there legit e-mail that comes from Bigpond mail servers, or can I heavily
weight REVDNS ENDSWITH .bigpond.com?

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You