At 12:39 PM 1/12/2004, Sanford Whiteman wrote:
> Okay... forget this question... RTFM...

Wow, and here I thought I was still working on the manual. :)

Yeah... not really the manual, but the spamd -? works too!! :)

I just installed it on my server which is a pretty busy server. I think someone (you?) were looking for some performance stats, so here ya go. This server normally processes about 200,000 emails a day, running sniffer, most of the MailPure filters, and antivirus. Normally the processor utilization during peak times is right around 40-50% on a 1 minute average. Once I started the SpamD daemon and configured Declude to use SpamC, and disabled my filters, my processor utilization went straight to 100% and stayed there. I'm going to (hopefully) find a box to through FreeBSD on and install the SpamD engine on it. I'll let you know what I see.

Thanks,
Russ