Hi,

>> I think the consensus is it is not acceptable <<

Then let mine be the only opposing voice.

I think because of Declude's weight features, Challenge/Response would be a
very valuable and very usable option.

Any messages with LOW weight pass.  This addresses your concern of "breaking
e-commerce".  If they want to make money, they better have their mail server
set up appropriately.

Any messages with HIGH weight, get held or deleted.  I have yet to hear a
complaint.

In the middle are a small percentage of medium weights that do fail a spam
test or two - but are possibly legitimate.  Those few messages currently get
a bounce message so that a false positive "victim" has a chance to
"intervene".  I have gotten zero complaints from people saying "hey, you
spammed me with your bounce message", but every so often I do get a thank
you from a "false positive" victim who, due to my bounce message, is able to
address THEIR problem.

It is those bounce messages, which in the future could come with a
"challenge/response" URL, containing the URL with the queue-ID as a
parameter to a web application that will release their message.  It's a
shame that we currently are forced to "manually" manage the false positives
when Declude could automate that process!

(Hm -  now that I'm saying this - I should just write a little web
application that copies the held D and Q file back to the spool and include
the parameterized URL in my bounce messages...  If I only had the time...)

Best Regards
Andy Schmidt

H&M Systems Software, Inc.
600 East Crescent Avenue, Suite 203