-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Andy Schmidt
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 1:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] Challenge/Response with Declude

Hi,

>> I think the consensus is it is not acceptable <<

Then let mine be the only opposing voice.

I think because of Declude's weight features, Challenge/Response would
be a very valuable and very usable option.

Any messages with LOW weight pass.  This addresses your concern of
"breaking e-commerce".  If they want to make money, they better have
their mail server set up appropriately.

Any messages with HIGH weight, get held or deleted.  I have yet to hear
a complaint.

In the middle are a small percentage of medium weights that do fail a
spam test or two - but are possibly legitimate.  Those few messages
currently get a bounce message so that a false positive "victim" has a
chance to "intervene".  I have gotten zero complaints from people saying
"hey, you spammed me with your bounce message", but every so often I do
get a thank you from a "false positive" victim who, due to my bounce
message, is able to address THEIR problem.

It is those bounce messages, which in the future could come with a
"challenge/response" URL, containing the URL with the queue-ID as a
parameter to a web application that will release their message.  It's a
shame that we currently are forced to "manually" manage the false
positives when Declude could automate that process!

(Hm -  now that I'm saying this - I should just write a little web
application that copies the held D and Q file back to the spool and
include the parameterized URL in my bounce messages...  If I only had
the time...)

Best Regards
Andy Schmidt

H&M Systems Software, Inc.
600 East Crescent Avenue, Suite 203
Upper Saddle River, NJ 07458-1846

Phone:  +1 201 934-3414 x20 (Business)
Fax:    +1 201 934-9206

http://www.HM-Software.com/

unsubscribe, just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and type
"unsubscribe Declude.JunkMail".  The archives can be found at
http://www.mail-archive.com.