I use  a filter that searches for attachments and causes the email to bypass
further filter tests. For example my filter is called BYPASS and contains
lines like these:

BODY 0 CONTAINS .PDF
BODY 0 CONTAINS Content-type: application/msword
BODY 0 CONTAINS Content-Type: application/pdf
BODY 0 CONTAINS Content-Type: application/rtf
BODY 0 CONTAINS Content-Type: application/vnd.ms-excel
BODY 0 CONTAINS X-MS-Attachment:

Then I have this line at the top of all my filters:
TESTSFAILED END CONTAINS BYPASS

Run the bypass filter before any other filter tests run, this has eliminated
alot of false positives for me especially with PDF files.

You can recover alot of CPU processing time by running your tests in a
logical order, run all your filters that hold or delete mail first and then
use the TESTSFAILED END to stop the filtering process on any messages that
are already flagged for holding or deletion

Rick Davidson
National Systems Manager
North American Title Group
-