Eventhough the poster was talking about HiJack, I forgot to mention I was
asking about JunkMail. When using this option will a message held by
Junkmail and returned to the queue ever be scannen for virusses? I remember
reading JM would move it to the hold before VIR could scan it for virusses.
When later returning it to the queue it would never be scanned again, nor
for JM nor for virusses.

That is the main drawback to the AVAFTERJM ON option -- E-mails that are held by Declude JunkMail and returned to the queue will not be scanned for viruses. But you really should only be returning held E-mails to the queue if they are E-mails that are desired (that do not contain viruses).

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers since 2000.
Declude Virus: Ultra reliable virus detection and the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you've been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.