Re: using MS SMTP.
I believe that Scott addressed this once before but I'll take a shot at it.

If memory serves me correctly, I think the problem with MS SMTP is that
there isn't an easy way to "shim" declude between the SMTP listener service
and the MTA.
Remember that in Imail the SMTP service receives the email and SMTP32.EXE is
spawned by the service to deliver the email.
Declude is shimmed into the process where DECLUDE.EXE is called by the SMTP
Service and Declude calls SMTP32.EXE

In the MS SMTP world, I don't believe that there's a way to do this.
Maybe this has changed since the NT 4.0 IIS world (when I believe this was
discussed)

However, there is a way to receive and deliver via the file system by
placing messages into the \MAILROOT subfolders.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnproasp2/h
tml/howsmtpserviceworks.asp

Declude might be able to scan the \drop folder then call CDONTS.SYS for
outbound processing.