This is the type of inconsistent behavior that I recall others commenting about when they mix IMail's anti-spam or rules with Declude. You should check your logs for these messages and verify if they were processed with Declude or not.

One other caveat would be restarting the Queue Manager service. Doing this will cause IMail to steal messages from Declude and deliver them regardless of the actions that Declude is to take on them. So try to avoid Queue Manager restarts unless the entire server is rebooted, and always stop the SMTP service before restarting Windows.

Lastly, there's always human error. Verifying things in the logs should help to show if this is a factor or not. People configure their systems in all sorts of different ways, and you could be doing something as simple as whitelisting the messages that are getting through for instance as the result of turning AUTOWHITELIST ON and having your own name in your Web mail address book.

Matt

Spaminator wrote:

Here's a frustrating issue...

I have two WEIGHT10 tests, one to move the mail message to the user's spambox (WEIGHT10)
and another to modify the subject (WEIGHT10SUB).  Both work most of the time, but I have
users complaining about occasionally getting filtered spam in their INBOX instead of
their SpamBox.  With 40,000 spams a day, I get a couple hundred of these "filtered
but not put into spambox" messages.  Any ideas?

Also, is there any way to get the "warn" message to show up in all emails without
creating another WEIGHT10 test set to WARN?  I like having the "Weight of X reaches or exceeds
weight of Y." in the headers.  I used to use an iMail inbound rule to route spam to the
spambox that had this header.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (Declude newbie, although I'm earning my stars fast!). Thanks! ---