Hello Terry,

TF>   Normally the service establishes a socket - meaning a hole punched
TF>   through the OS - to allow such communication to occur. However, for
TF>   ClamD in the configuration file there is an option to bind the
TF>   service to a specific IP address and a specific port assignment. For
TF>   greater security 127.0.0.1 is the default address. But the service
TF>   could be bound to another IP address.

Think I get it.

TF>   I don't know why this might solve "stability problems" on some
TF>   versions of windows but that's the message in the conf and somethng
TF>   I was advised to try from my forum posting.

I have to be out of town starting Wednesday so I'm not doing anything
now, but I'll try it too first thing next week.

TF>   Since the error I was seeing in the ClamD log file was an error with
TF>   accept() it seemed reasonable to me to try it.

I took ownership of and checked the clamd log file and it looks like I
have the same errors, but on both boxes it took less than 18 hours to
have the problem:

Jun  4 10:46:54 2005 -> ERROR: accept() failed: Software caused connection abort
Sat Jun  4 10:46:56 2005 -> ERROR: accept() failed: Software caused connection
abort
Sat Jun  4 10:46:56 2005 -> ERROR: accept() failed: Software caused connection
abort

This is exactly the time this machine blew up.

--
Best regards,
 David                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]