Instead of doing something like that, which will require on-going,
hands-on maint, why not just tag to hold those which are identified by
the scanner as suspicious or generic and delete the rest?

Wednesday, January 25, 2006, 4:37:28 PM, Markus Gufler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
MG> Maybe someone has already requested it:

MG> Why not allow commands like

MG> DELETEVIRUSNAME Netsky
MG> DELETEVIRUSNAME Bagle

MG> in the virus.cfg file?

MG> I won't and can't delete all viruses on our server because there is always
MG> the possibility that a scanner is catching something as "suspicious" or
MG> "generic"

MG> But commands to delete certain virusnames should be very easy to implement
MG> and allow us to eliminate > 95% of all hold viruses on out servers.

MG> Markus

MG> ---
MG> [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude EVA www.declude.com]

MG> ---
MG> This E-mail came from the Declude.Virus mailing list.  To
MG> unsubscribe, just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and
MG> type "unsubscribe Declude.Virus".    The archives can be found
MG> at http://www.mail-archive.com.

----
Don Brown - Dallas, Texas USA     Internet Concepts, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       http://www.inetconcepts.net
(972) 788-2364                    Fax: (972) 788-5049
----

---
[This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude EVA www.declude.com]