> Instead of doing something like that, which will require
> on-going, hands-on maint, why not just tag to hold those
> which are identified by the scanner as suspicious or generic
> and delete the rest?

This is another possible solution but my intention is to clean my server
from messages containing certain viruses. Thus are the well know top viri
like Sober, Netsky and Co.
Deleting them immediatly there will remain only a little crowd of viruses
and suspicious files. Whatever will happen in the future I have them on my
server and can keep it there also for one or two weeks in the case it turns
out that some user is missing a legit message. In this cas I can find the
message in my virus-folder on the server and requeue it even if it was
"false positive"-identified by some scanner as a fiften year old
"tequila"-Virus.

Andrews idea to parse the virus logfile instead of the content from each
virus-message is definitively an excellent idea. However there is a more
simplier and efficient possibility if we could delete infected messages by
the virus name.

Markus