On Dec 25, 2008, at 9:34 PM, David Dodell wrote:

I've been seeing viruses get through our Declude/AVG end over the past few months ... they are being caught on the Desktop by F-Prot.

I look at the files in the declude/scanner/AVG directory, and the last one is updated 12/23, two days ago ... while AVG website says their last update was 12/25

Is there some type of parameter to force the updates to be more frequent ... are the updates coming from Declude and being delayed?

Ok, found the switch, and it was previously set to 4 hr updates, I've updated to 2 hr updates ... hopefully that will kick it and get something more recent?

Obviously I need a second scanner, any inexpensive solutions since F- Prot changed their licensing? We don't have a budget for this ... I've read mixed things about the Opensource free virus scanners.

Looked at ClamAV ... any good installation instructions for usage with Declude/Imail ??? Looked through Google, did not find anything well written ... any pointers, suggestions?