PHP doesn't need any special extensions. It's always been possible to respond to an asynchronous request with PHP - it's the Javascript that handles the dirty work with the XMLHttpRequest.

ASP.Net introduced some cool new ways to automatically generate both Javascript and .Net code to synchronise the interaction between the page and the server, and then enhanced those with the Ajax.Net framework to use Ajax techniques.

I haven't used PHP in a little while so I don't know if there are specific page handling architectures similar to .Net, the sample movie for Delphi for PHP seems to indicate there might be.

I suspect that Delphi for PHP is going to do something similar to Ajax.Net- which could be very cool as long as the integration with CSS is nice and tight and you can swap between Dreamweaver and Delphi for PHP.

Cheers,
Phil.

Jeremy North wrote:
AJAX ...

AJAX is just a framework. If PHP has AJAX extensions then it would be
silly if the CodeGear product couldn't support those extensions.

begin:vcard
fn:Phil Middlemiss
n:Middlemiss;Phil
org:Vision Software, MTS Ltd