From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of John Bird
Sent: 27 February 2007 13:51
To: 'NZ Borland Developers Group - Delphi List'
Subject: RE: [DUG] Running Processes

Apart than automated tools the best manual tool would be to have the client
PC running Sysinternals Process Explorer, and turn on the CPU history
columns for the whole PC (It can be 10 minutes long or more if you make it
the full width of the screen), and CPU history for each process.  This means
after a "go slow" you can look back to see what was hogging the PC for some
time afterwards - as you arrow over the graph it shows the exact time,  and
name of the process with the most CPU  at that moment.

If needed you can add some of the other Sysinternals tools like Filemon to
see which files are being accessed...

Incidentally I have NOD32 running on my PC.  Its an older version - its not
up to date and I am running another AV also, I left NOD32 on as it seems to
be having no significant system impacts at all, so no problem here.

John