Bryan Pendleton wrote:

> What I don't understand is a target that *cleans* only the classes, and
> not the jars. I think it makes it too easy for the distracted developer
> to accidentally run with the wrong code, by using the old jars.

I think some of it is history with the product. The Cloudscape jars,
when it was a closed source product, took a long time to build and the
process needed a machine with a lot of memeory. This was due to the
obfuscation process. Thus developers typically did not build the jars,
only the classes, and the build scripts were set up to reflect that.

Dan.