Hi all,

I had a conversation with Christoph Schaefer about the palette thing in the
last days. He is not happy with what happened and in particular how the
communication was going. I'm translating his last email excluding the
exaggerated parts just for information and not to start a lengthy discussion.
While in my opinion we improved the color palette handling, the discussion was
indeed not really welcoming. That's my responsibility as the initial discussion
could have been done out of the bug tracker, for instance. But after all I
believe that transparency is paramount for open source. Nevertheless we all
should remind to find positive wording when talking to contributors.

Christoph: "If I get you right it's now up to me to create the extension. But
that makes it necessary to become familiar with it, especially since palette
handling was changed for 5.3. I have no time currently because new Scribus
releases are planned. Furthermore I have two book projects on my hands. I
canceled a publication in the Swiss 'Publisher' regarding the exemplary
handling of color palettes in LibreOffice compared to MS Office since you
scrapped it all. Waiting now for the 5.3 release...
The Free Color e.V aimed to give LibreOffice a treat as the HLC palette fits
perfectly into the cross media workflow, which is a perfect argument pro LibO.
Even when it's the goal of fC to unleash color from proprietary restrictions.
Tor Lillqvist's approach was pragmatic and makes sense from my POV. I would
have never expected that it results in such a laborious and time-consuming
procedure."

And in a follow-up email:

"I still believe that LibO is the best office suite, especially for the
publishing.
What bothers me, as a pragmatist, are the formalism and harping on about
principles, also from the usability experts."

Guess his point is clear now.

Cheers,
Heiko