I believe this plan would have poor side effects.  For example, if Apple
ships clients with a broken ECDSA implementation [0], a server cannot
detect detect if a connecting client is an Apple product and avoid the use
of ECDSA in that subset of connections.  Instead, ECDSA suddenly becomes
unsafe for anyone to use anywhere.

[0]:
https://github.com/agl/openssl/commit/0d26cc5b32c23682244685975c1e9392244c0a4d