On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 9:14 AM, Kurt Roeckx <k...@roeckx.be> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 06:47:08PM -0800, Wan-Teh Chang wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 4:57 PM, Brian Smith <br...@briansmith.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > Also, AES implementations are highly optimized, well-audited,
>> > well-tested, and are more likely to be side-channel free. Camellia
>> > doesn't get used very often. Yet, some websites (most famously,
>> > Yahoo!), prefer Camellia over AES, even when we offer AES at higher
>> > priority in the handshake.
>>
>> There must be a misunderstanding. NSS offers Camellia at higher
>> priority than AES in the ClientHello.

I think you might be right. I remember testing the new cipher suite
order and I was still seeing Camellia being used on
https://login.yahoo.com. But, I tried it again now and it is using AES
with the new cipher suite order. It is very possible that my original
testing of this was off; perhaps due to the HTTP cache or user error.

Cheers,
Brian
--
Mozilla Networking/Crypto/Security (Necko/NSS/PSM)