On Sun, 2015-05-10 at 12:47 -0700, Ryan Sleevi wrote:
> If the user requests NSS to load a module. It should load that module.
> And that module only. Period.

The canonical per-user way to request an application to load a module is
for me to create a file in ~/.config/pkcs11/modules/*.module which looks
something like:

 module: /home/dwmw2/my-provider.so
 enable-in: firefox curl evolution openconnect openvpn

I tried that. It didn't work with Firefox or Evolution, which use NSS.
It worked with the others, which are using GnuTLS and OpenSSL.

Yes, you can tell me "NSS is special and different and doesn't actually
honour the platform's configuration like other things do".

That was precisely the status quo that I was trying to fix.

--
dwmw2