Maarten, thanks for volunteering to review the PRs. One of them has a test
case. I will add a test for the other one.

It looks like you have been involved with Ivy development and releases
before, so I think you would be in a better position to decide if it should
be 2.5.0 or 2.4.1. I personally prefer 2.4.1 because we are focussing on
fixing some reported issues rather than introducing some new features.

As for the release timeline, the reason I asked for a March 2017 date is to
make sure we have a realistic goal in mind of releasing it instead of a
open ended one which drags can potentially drag on for a while given the
current state of the project. Having said that, you and others in ant-dev
team who have been involved in previous releases can decide what makes
sense in terms of release commitments. My whole goal is to try and get a
usable bug fix release out soon, since the last one was 2 years back.

-Jaikiran

On Monday, December 12, 2016, Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com.invalid>
wrote:
> Thanks Jaikran,
> I will look at your patches, I'll try to do it this week.If possible,
please attach a junit test as well to reproduce the problem.

> About the release, the master branch already contains some fixes since
the 2.4.0 release. They are listed in the release-notes.html in the 'doc'
directory. If we want to create a 2.4.1 release, we should merge all these
changes (and all upcomming patches) into the 2.4.x branch as well. If we
decide to create a 2.5.0 release, this merging isn't necessary. I wouldn't
pin on an exact timing, we can create a release any time when we think the
codebase is ready for it.

> We also have to find a release manager. I did it in the past when we were
on SVN, but I don't have enough GIT knowledge (and I don't have the time to
look into it) to do a new release.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-1553?jql=project%20%3D%20IVY%20AND%20status%20in%20(Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22%2C%20Reopened)%20AND%20affectedVersion%20in%20(2.1.0%2C%202.2.0%2C%202.3.0%2C%202.4.0%2C%202.4.0-RC1)%20AND%20updated%20%3E%3D%202014-01-01%20ORDER%20BY%20updated%20DESC