Quoting Nick Kew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

It'll have to wait for 1.3, 'cos it affects the API (despite not breaking
anything:-)

That's cool. Whoever (that would be me :-) wants the column names will be able to patch their own copy of APR before the 1.3 release.

I think we should fix it by calling apr_dbd_init from apr_initialize. I guess
that didn't happen originally 'cos of the sequencing of when things were
developed and committed, and karma.

Eh, I didn't think of that at all. Does it make any difference that DBD is part of Utils, not APR itself? What if someone doesn't want APR Utils, but wants APR - wouldn't that create a dependency of APR on APR Utils? Or maybe that's already the case...

Anyhow, if that goes through, maybe the existing function apr_dbd_init can just be a do-nothing deprecated thingy (so that all exisiting callers don't have to rewrite their code) and apr_initialize actually calls something like apr_dbd_init2?

--
Bojan