Sounds interesting to me.  I looked into adding protocol buffer support at one
point, and it didn't look like it would be too much work.  The tricky part was
I also wanted to add indexing support for attributes of the inserted protocol
buffers.  That looked a little trickier, but still not impossible.  Though
other stuff came up and I never got around to actually writing any code.
JSON support would be nice, especially if you figured out how to get built in
indexing of the attributes inside the JSON to work =).

-Jeremiah