Let's do a couple examples:

   1. Current release: 3.4.0, bug found in 3.1.0 that also exists in
   subsequent versions; the bug fix will be ported back to 3.0.x and 3.5.0.
   2. Current release 3.3.0, bug found in 3.3.0; the bug fix will be ported
   back to 3.0.x and 3.4.0. In rare cases, a 3.3.1 may also be released (we've
   already seen one example of this).
   3. Current release 3.6.0, bug found in 3.1.0; the bug fix will be ported
   back to 3.0.x and 3.7.

Essentially, any bug fixes will be released in the next minor version and
backported to the 3.0.x branches (unless the feature doesn't exist in 3.0).
We have seen one instance where we released a point version as well, but
that was for a major regression that was discovered almost immediately
after a release.