Jonathan, just to complete the list, it would be help to state:

3.1.x will be maintained until <what>
3.2 will be maintained until <what>
And in general, 3.x (x != 0) will be maintained until <what> (and does x
even vs. odd affect the rule)

And what exactly is the general rule/criteria for when 3.x will be
considered the official "stable release"? And will 3.0.x always be
considered the recommended non-production release until 4.0 comes out or is
there general guidance/criteria for when a 3.x would become recommended for
non-production? Or will tick-tock completely replace that "traditional"
section? In which case, the question of criteria for defining "stable
release" remains, unless it becomes no different than the latest tick-tock
release.

-- Jack Krupansky