Hey all,

I'm on-board with what Rei is saying. I think we should be open to, and
encourage, other platforms/architectures for integration. Of course, it
will come down to specific maintainers/committers to do the testing and
verification on non-typical platforms. Hopefully those maintainers will
also contribute to other parts of the code base, as well, so I see this as
another way to bring more folks into the project.

WRT extensibility, it just requires someone to do the work of making
reasonable abstraction points - and documenting them ;). The interesting
question comes down to how to host/ship any pluggable dependencies. Much
like what we had with jna before they relicensed, we'll probably ship some
things in-tree and some things users will have to fetch and deploy
themselves; it's a case-by-case basis.

Thanks,

-Jason