On 1/24/2012 6:58 PM, Matt Benson wrote:
IMO the difference between [lang]'s and [functor]'s range concepts is that those in [lang] are intended to be able to say whether a given value is in the Range, but, with the exception of CharRange (this class is not even public), they make no provision for iterating over members of the range. I would therefore design a [functor]-targeted Range builder API to allow the user to specify how next values are obtained. Range may not even be the best word to describe the behavior we are trying to model here, so let's be open to reinterpretation as we proceed.

From my perspective, Range + Step = Sequence. A Range iterator would be useful for implementing mathematical sets.

-Adrian