Hi again Torsten!

I thought it would be useful having a checkstyle also becasue it is
not just a matter of code formatting rules, there are also useful
basic checks <http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net/checks.html> that help
- me, at least - on taking care of some rules I can occasionally
forget to apply.

> And I say - better let's give people the tools and not just point at them.

I agree. IIUC the proposal of putting checkstyle in the parent came
out because it is plugged in every plugin, so the purpose is more
generalize rather then point to it.

All the best!
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/