Am 05.11.2013, 00:44 Uhr, schrieb Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>:
The thread leak problem can be more serious.

What Thread Leak problem? TLS is cited to have that leak since ages, I am not sure I ever have seen one triggered. So, who has details on that? Even the JCL uses (more) thread local objects. For example in JDK8 the BigInteger has a thread local SecureRandom instance.

One has to be carefull in regards to keeping classloaders alive, but that can be worked around with an expire, weak references or simply by only storing system classes (for example long[]!)

Greetings
Bernd