Well before patching a consistent solution needs to be found.

Sorry to go back to LongAdder but the idea is to add instances but not as
much as thread. Just what is needed. It means you decrease the number of
instance to aggregate so the lock time.

The queue solution sounds worse since a queue is either empty or full ;)