Hi.

Le lun. 9 sept. 2019 à 12:35, Sally Khudairi <s...@apache.org> a écrit :

> Thank you, Gilles.
>
> I'm copying Kenneth Paskett, creative lead from Central Services. I was
> talking to him about this opportunity yesterday: we will be happy to explore
> options for a future design.
>
> I'm not saying "don't use anything that remotely looks like the feather".
> It's important that if we choose to use an ASF-feather-inspired motif that it
> doesn't look like it's a "broken" version of the original.

It was certainly not the intention.
It is difficult/impossible to argue on things that boil down
to a matter of taste or arbitrary policy (like the kinds of
reuse that are allowed and not by the rights owner).

> Ways around that issue could involve the shape or color of the feather, among
> other adjustments.

Exactly what I meant: IMHO those changes are more "broken"
than a rotation. ;-)
[But if they are allowed, then fine.]

> Thank you and the community for your trust. We look forward to working with
> you.

Hopefully, preferences will be collected in the thread which I
mentioned in the previous message, and the community can
converge on a few ideas to help with the design.

Best regards,
Gilles