> My name is Erica Brooks. I am a new member to OpenOfiice.org and would like
> to contribute to the documentation project. I have a BS in Computer Science
> and currently work in the IT industry. I have created and edited several
> work related documentation using MS Word and Adobe Acrobat. I am willing to
> help on this project in any capacity.

Hi Erica.  Welcome to the Doc Project.  We're glad to have you here.

The majority of the documentation work that we as a community work on is
centered around this mailing list, the Wiki at:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation

Most new contributors get started by reviewing what has been written on
the Wiki by other members.

If you are comfortable with working on Draft documents, then take a look
here:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides
The Calc and Impress documents are in Draft state and need reviewers and
writers.

In the coming weeks, I am planning to post some more info, ideas and
plans for what we as a group can or should focus on.

C.
--
Clayton Cornell       ccorn...@openoffice.org
OpenOffice.org Documentation Project co-lead