On 02/13/10 07:24, kennonw...@verizon.net wrote:
I am interested in helping with the User's Guide.  I have been using
OpenOffice for more than three years and have a good understanding of how it
works.

If interested you can contact me at the e-mail address below.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Hi Kenn. Welcome to the OpenOffice.org Documentation Project.

The first thing to do is subscribe to this list, or you won't see any replies. Send a blank email to dev-subscr...@documentation.openoffice.org

The Documentation Project has two main mailing lists:
dev@documentation.openoffice.org, for discussions related to project infrastructure and policy, and auth...@user-faq.openoffice.org, where writers, editors, reviewers, and others discuss documents they are working on.

To get an overview of the project, look at the Documentation Wiki at http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation There you will find most of the documentation that we have available for OOo. The box on the top right of the Documentation Wiki, "Want To Help?" contains some helpful information to help you get started.

Work on the user guides mainly takes place through the OOoAuthors website, http://oooauthors.org/english Those docs are then made available through the Documentation wiki.

Most of the other materials produced and maintained by the Documentation Project, including how-to's, tutorials, and FAQs, as well as documents for system admins, programmers and developers, are wiki-based. So you might want to get an account on the wiki as well.

BTW, we are in the process of evaluating what the Project is doing and how it's doing it, so some parts of the wiki and the website are being reorganised and rewritten. If some things seem inconsistent or unclear, that's probably why. We also use the wiki for planning purposes. You are welcome to join in. And don't be shy about asking questions on the list when things are unclear.

C.
--
Clayton Cornell       ccorn...@openoffice.org
OpenOffice.org Documentation Project co-lead