On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 09:21 +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> > Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
> >
> >> so initially, people could write documents in lenya, publish them, and
> >> then head over to forrest(bot?) to slurp all these pages in?
> >

> > My personal view is not to use the Forrestbot, but to
> > mod_proxy/mod_cache a live Forrest instance that gets files from a
> > published Lenya pubblication. In this way, publishing in Lenya is the
> > only step needed to... publish :-)
>
> OK - as long as someone shows me how when the time comes.
>
> This would mean published docs in Lenya that are already *approved* for
> publication in the final docs would automatically appear. New published
> docs in lenya would need adding to the relevant site.xml for the real
> docs, this is the point at which we bring order to the chaos (the
> http://www.answers.com order to the http://www.wikipedia.org chaos)

Yes, new docs have to be published before they are going into svn. I
will have a look after I finished the last view how-to that is on my
todo list.

Anyway I hope we (as in lenya) can show an example pretty soon, that we
get some momentum. The only thing is that there are so much do to and so
limit time. ;-)

> > Aditionally, what we would need is just to add an _edit_ link to each
> > Forrest page that points to the url Lenya uses for editing.
>
> Currently this is done through filter XSL's (see the daisy plugin in the
> locationmap branch), but I think views may provide a better solution.
> It's on my todo list.

:) Yeah, that is simply a contract that contains a link to
daisy/lenya/anyOtherCms edit page. I will make an example as soon I have
updated the locationmap branch on my harddrive and understood all the
mails around the topic. ;-)

> > Looking at the Doco document [1] I see that Lenya and Forrest are not
> > directly interacting, as both talk to a common repository.
>
> The wiki is down at the moment. I'll come back to the rest of this mail
> later.
>
> Ross

salu2
--