Hi Kaz,

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 5:47 PM, Kazuomi Kashii <kazu...@kashii.net> wrote:
> I tried Goraci last night, and I had had some dependency problems.

How did you get on with gora-cassandra and the goraci suite? I've
shared some of my early experiences with Keith [0]. Unfortunately the
hardware I'm running the test on in pretty primitive to say the last
(small notebook) therefore I fear this is limiting the execution of
the tests and Hadoop jobs are timing out and being killed. Also I have
a few questions which I would like to reach out on.

1) When we use this test suite is the cassandra system swapping? How
can I even find this out? Having spoken to Keith he clarified to me
that the test writes in multiples of 1M nodes so if this is done in
swap there will be problems.

2) How does gora-cassandra handle buffering? Keith also mentioned that
Goraci will write 1000000 nodes and then call flush.  Accumulo and
Hbase handle this ok.  If
gora-cassandra actually buffered all 1000000 in memory until flush was
called, then this could be bad with my small amount of memory.

I'm keen to get some documentation on the execution of gora-cassandra
with this test suite to understand more about the internals an of
course the limitations of gora-cassandra.

Any comments you have at this stage would be excellent.

> For my case, I added some dependencies to Goraci's pom.xml, and it worked,
> but I am not sure that it is the same or similar issue to yours.
> I used a standalone Cassandra server, not an embedded one, so I did not
> include cassandra-all.

I'm the same as you here. I suppose this dep can maybe be dropped from
the goraci pom,xml in this instance then.

Best
Lewis

[0] https://github.com/keith-turner/goraci/pull/7