Hi,

You are correct about HBase. HTable indeed uses the user thread to maintain
a buffer for Put operations. Delete operations are not buffered,
unfortunately. That's what makes deletes tremendously slow. There is a
batchdelete, but there are still some issues that makes it slower than a
batchput.

Ferdy.