Hi Kaz,

I'm using my University box and the results are ten times better. The
single core 1 GHz processor on my netbook really struggles with psudo
dist hadoop, Cassandra server and goraci running over the top. The
University box is
3.2GiB Mem
Processor 0: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz
Processor 1: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz

Anyway. I wonder if you can share you gora-cassandra-mapping
configuration as well as which partitioner you use within the
cassandra.yaml?

I am getting a class cast exception when doing CassandraStore.flush()
as my mapping config is like this [0]. Do you suggest any
improvements/corrections to the mapping?

Also I noticed before that we configured yaml to use a different
partitioner than RandomPartitioner. Do you also use this with your
standalone Cassandra server? If this is the case then I will also
change but so far I haven't had any problems.

Thanks

Lewis

[0]
https://github.com/keith-turner/goraci/blob/master/src/main/resources/gora-cassandra-mapping.xml