eric b wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since I see there is a .png loader in OOo,  I'm searching how to
> replace the .bmp splashscreen with a .png one. The idea is to use
> transparency with the splashscreen.
>

> For that, I modified splash.cxx in desktop/source/splash, with the
> idea to use BitmapEx class (is it correct?), but I'm a bit stuck
> about what exact stream type use .. and so on, and I need more
> information.
>
> More precisely, I need tracks on what has to be done (the mechanism),
> what class use exactly. e.g., I see implimagtree.cxx does use a
> stream, but not exactly the same as the one used with the bmp loader.
> Why, and what do instead for .png ? )
>

> Last, some info about the fast path who could be used would be great
> too. And if there is work in progress, I'd be glad to help, because
> looks like thre is something extremely important for OOo to do (IMHO).
>

> Thanks in advance for any pointer, and/or any help :-)

Please consider the current code just as something that will be changed
soon.

The splash screen must not be loaded with any office code, it shall be
displayed by native code on the platform so that it can be shown already
before any Office code is loaded (except soffice resp. soffice.exe).
This is our plan to improve the "felt" startup performance.

I think on all platforms it's easy to load a bmp with native code, how
about png?

Ciao,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "nospamfor...@gmx.de".