Hi,

Since I see there is a .png loader in OOo, I'm searching how to replace the .bmp splashscreen with a .png one. The idea is to use transparency with the splashscreen.

For that, I modified splash.cxx in desktop/source/splash, with the idea to use BitmapEx class (is it correct?), but I'm a bit stuck about what exact stream type use .. and so on, and I need more information.

More precisely, I need tracks on what has to be done (the mechanism), what class use exactly. e.g., I see implimagtree.cxx does use a stream, but not exactly the same as the one used with the bmp loader. Why, and what do instead for .png ? )

Last, some info about the fast path who could be used would be great too. And if there is work in progress, I'd be glad to help, because looks like thre is something extremely important for OOo to do (IMHO).

Thanks in advance for any pointer, and/or any help :-)

Eric Bachard

--
qɔᴉɹə