2009/5/5 Herbert Duerr <du...@sun.com>

> On May 5, 2009, at 7:42 AM, yanmin wrote:
>
>> In order to enable glyph fallback under Windows platform, a  class
>> WinGlyphFallbackSubstitution inherited ImplGlyphFallbackFontSubstitution
>> is
>> created as the class FcGlyphFallbackSubstitution under Linux system.
>>

> That's interesting. Is there already a CWS for this?

No CWS, I filed a issue just now. The issue number is  101552.

>  To implement the class WinGlyphFallbackSubstitution, It's necessary to
>> know if
>> a character is contained in a given font. So a ImplWinFontData object is
>> generated as below code snippet when traversing every font face utilizing
>> Windows API EnumFontFamilyExW.
>>
>> *ImplWinFontData* pData = ImplLogMetricToDevFontDataW( pLogFont,
>> &(pMetric->ntmTm), nFontType)
>> pData->UpdateFromHDC(mhDC);*
>>

> Looks ok.
>
>  Unfortunately, *pData->HasChar(c)* always returns false even
>> *pData*contains the character *c*.
>>

> How do you know that pData contains c? If it returns false this is a strong
> indication that it isn't there.

For a Chinese character, I really know such as SimSong contains it.[?]

>  I don't know what's the problem. In addition, any idea to enable glyph
>> fallback under windows platform would be also highly appreciated just as
>> done under Linux system leveraging fontconfig lib.
>>

> That's also quite interesting. Which Windows versions have fontconfig
> nowadays? Who maintains the configuration data?

Maybe you misunderstand what I said. I mean that fontconfig was used to
improve glyph fallback just under linux system.  A similar way could be
considered under windows system, certainly there is no fongconfig available
under window.[?]