Hi Miloš,

It feels like solving one of these issues leads to two more problems
appearing. That makes this project hard to define in hard bounds

Exactly.

and me hesitant to take on too much responsibility for the duration of the
internship. I'd like to continue contributing but will almost
certainly be unable to do so full time due to school obligations. So
in a way I agree that this project is not an ideal one for a three
month internship. The ones on the project proposals page are much
better defined and straightforward. That said, I'd still like the
opportunity to do it. Even if it would indeed be better to do it one
step at the time, as you said, I think I could make quite a bit of
progress in bringing this feature to a stable state.

So I would propose that:

- I finish #i112466# and implement a way to test it in the application
layer(for example in the manner that you described)
- Fix any issues that arise from it

Sounds good.

If I finish this early, and I expect to do so, continue to work on #i79878#.

It would be really great if this issue was solved for good.

I intend to document what I do extensively which should help anyone
writing new code with mine in mind.

I'm looking into making that internship happen because you seem to be quite competent and self-motivated. I'm discussing this with the writer team as the #i112466# part of the project would be mentored by me, the #i79878# part by someone from the writer team. Not sure how this works out with vacation plans etc. Stay tuned...

---
Herbert Duerr
du...@sun.com

Registered Office: Sun Microsystems GmbH
  Sonnenallee 1, D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Commercial register of the Local Court of Munich: HRB 161028
Managing Directors: Jürgen Kunz