On 23.06.2010 10:44, Herbert Duerr wrote:

I'm looking into making that internship happen because you seem to be
quite competent and self-motivated. I'm discussing this with the writer
team as the #i112466# part of the project would be mentored by me, the
#i79878# part by someone from the writer team. Not sure how this works
out with vacation plans etc. Stay tuned...

We can't discuss that without Oliver Specht (the owner of #i79878) who will not be available before tomorrow. So at the moment I can give just some general comments as a member of the Internship committee.

IMHO working on these issues can be part of the Internship program, even if it is hard to draw an exact boundary where and when the project will end. I would be fine with finding an agreement about that while the work is done. Also interruptions of the work due to other duties would be fine for me if that happens in a calculable manner.

Some words about issue #79878: this will require working on UI code as well as on application core code (new items etc.). I assume that also VCL will be affected. So all in all that will be a lot of code to get familiar with. Miloš, if you want to take that challenge, I will try to find a mentor (or several of them) for the work outside of VCL.

Best regards,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "nospamfor...@gmx.de".