Steffen wrote:

> > Nothing could be further from the truth.
> >

> Not so far, from their site:
>
> Since Covalent maintains close ties with the ASF and employees expert staff
> who work on the Apache HTTP project full time as code committers, we are
> committed to supporting our customers who use Apache HTTP either standalone
> or bundled as part of Covalent Enterprise Ready Server (ERS).

"Their" being Covalent, not the ASF.

But I don't see how that in any way "proves" your statement
that "the ASF and/or Covalent Technologies are not happy with the
Apache Lounge" or that "Covalent is trying to protect there(sic)
position"...

Bill said this himself: he acted as an individual and
not with his Covalent hat on at all. Nor with his Apache
hat on either. To claim that this is an Apache Lounge
vs. "ASF and/or Covalent" issue is clearly not the
case. Nor should it be "amazing" to anyone that the ASF
has issues with how the Apache logo or name are used.
Hate to tell you this, but we've done this to many
many others, like IBM, JBoss and yes Covalent.

   Jim Jagielski   [|]   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   [|]   http://www.jaguNET.com/