Guys,

How about everyone take a deep breath here. Right now it's about helping not
hurting. It's about trying to deliver a product which clearly needs some vision
to a customer base that is increasingly becoming IIS dependant (check the
Netcraft numbers).

You're all missing the bigger picture. Apache is on the decline. You should be
doing anything and everything to come up with a consistent, compelling,
credible product that gives your customer base confidence that Apache is still
relevant.

I've been watching these threads and feel for the Apache Lounge guy. I remember
the wars Kevin and I went through when we tried to donate Mod_Gzip to the
Apache foundation. Mod_gzip succeeded beyond all imagination, but as the saying
goes "there has to be a better way" than dealing with all this nonsense.

What's important here is your customer base. It's in decline because there are
too many inconsistent versions of Apache out there without any clear
differentiator over the competition (Microsoft) which is starting to eat
everyone's lunch.

Steffen was trying to help. How about helping him to succeed. Let's put the
personalities to one side and attach the problem not the people.

Cheers,

Peter
Peter J. Cranstone
5o9, Inc.