Hi John,

It's great you managed to get to the bottom of this problem. That's an
exemplary answer on Stackoverflow!

I'm not a jclouds dev, but to any who are reading this, it looks to me as
if there is useful code and suggestions in John's SO answer that could
relatively easily be adapted into a useful update to the jclouds AWS
adaptor.

Regards,
Geoff