FWIW, this is the complete discussion:
https://lists.apache.org/thread/w61gzk2ohjtshbwcb5gy6wb2htv7fo0x

It was actually cross-posted to the Brooklyn dev list [1] and some of
the PMC members there expressed their opinion.

We are, however, somehow blocked by inaction and I honestly don't know
what would be the best way to move forward:

On one hand, we'd love to have jclouds around and avoid moving it to the attic.
On the other hand, though, we feel we must be responsible to the
community and properly set expectations and reflect the project
reality, retiring it if there is no real energy/time to continue it.
This thread is several months old now, and nothing has changed. We did
several calls to action with concrete requests for help, but no
further engagement happened.

I know we all have the best intentions here when willing to keep
jclouds alive, but after several failed requests for help to those
that want to keep the project alive, and several months of waiting and
going in circles...
Are we doing the right thing for the community by changing the current
jclouds project PMC with another inactive PMC? (And if anyone thinks
the new PMC wouldn't be inactive... why has no one taken any action in
all these months?).

My 0.02$

I.

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/6o20d0w1f1xroyo4vv33hlvyb1lk4ndd