The standard behavior is for

command-click to perform non-contiguous multiple select.
shift-click performs contiguous multiple select
command-shift-click appears to perform just like shift-click

At least that's how it works in the Finder, which I think should be the Mac
reference for this type of behaviour.

I think that substituting command for control with the current roundcube
behaviour would be fine though as it's really just "more" functionality.

: jamie

--------
"Much human ingenuity has gone into finding the ultimate Before. The current
state of knowledge can be summarized thus: In the beginning, there was nothing,
which exploded"
 - Terry Pratchett