Hi,

On 10/10/14 1:25 PM, Michael Osipov wrote:
They should rename going forward.

At some point (probably we could do so now) we will turn on enforcement in
the maven-plugin-plugin.

This will of course piss of a lot of people. Wouldn't it?

There are, of course, several reasons why people can't:

1. Popularity of the old name

That's no reason...a good announcment of the maintainers should work...and the rules are existing a long time....

2. Technical reasons

What kind of technical reasons ? Just change it...

3. Name collisions

Same as under 1. just make a good announcment of the name change and that's it...

This is even harder depending how the collisions will happen...with Apache Maven Plugins ? If yes than it should be changed asap...

Unfortunately i don't see a real problem with this...

etc.

Even if we enforce this, this should not happen before Maven 4 and should be
added to the plugin dev center.

Unfortunately i have a different point of view.....

The web site says:

"..strongly discouraged since it's a reserved naming pattern for official Apache Maven plugins maintained by the Apache Maven team ..."

We should send a C&D letter if we will become aware of it ....but not actively looking for such things....

Michael

Kind regards
Karl-Heinz Marbaise